[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: select-planner-directory

From: René
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: select-planner-directory
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:25:15 +0000 (UTC)

Raymond Zeitler <TimeGhost <at> intergate.com> writes:

> spd.el is a shameful bit of source that's nothing more than a macro coded in
> Emacs Lisp.  All it really does is change one's planner directory and then
> restarts planner.  I had hoped someone skillful would come along and
> implement it better.  Unfortunately when it switched to muse, planner never
> acquired segregation among "workspaces."

spd.el works great.  Just a little problem when you want to select the
planner project from within a read-only buffer.  For example, when I try
M-x select-planner-project from a calendar buffer here is the message I get:

  Buffer is read-only: #<buffer "*Calendar*">

> If you like, I could add "code" to switch to a private diary.  I think it
> would be easy to do....

Yes.  That would be very useful.

BTW why not replace the "Plan" item in the "Planner" Menu with two
sub-items such that "Plan>Public" and "Plan>Private" that would launch the
following commands

  (C-u) M-x select-planner-project + M-x plan

> But I still haven't switched to muse.  And I doubt spd.el will be bundled
> with anything except the trash. :)

I use your piece of code every day.

--
René