Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-erc (broken?)

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-erc (broken?)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:11:32 -0500

Gijs Hillenius <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi am trying to figure out how to use planner-erc
>
> I have
> (require 'planner-erc) in my .emacs
>
> I have a erc-session running
>
> but I can't get to the M-x planner-erc* functions..

These aren't functions you would usually call directly with M-x.

If you have enabled planner-erc, this does a couple of things for you. To test
and see if things are working, try creating a task or note while you are in an
ERC channel buffer. Now go look at the annotation that was created with the
task or note. It should include information about the ERC session.

You should also be able to follow that link, though I now forget what it does
exactly.

Basically, enabling planner-erc gives you a new link protocol (for following
ERC links), and also allows planner to pick up annotation information from ERC
channel buffers.

--
-John Sullivan
-http://www.wjsullivan.net