Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-mode wishlist

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-mode wishlist
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:40:56 +0000

>>> - hide tasks ids {{Tasks:2}}, etc.
>>
>>> I don't know the internals, but looking at my plan pages, I see that
>>> half of the text of a link is hidden from view. So why not also hide
>>> the tasks ids, with a regexp like "{{Tasks:\\[0-9\\]\\+}}" ?
>>
>> You could re-define planner-id-markup like this:
> (snip)
>>
>> It's possible that the task id might get accidentally deleted while
>> one is editing though.

> Although I could not make that code to run successfully, I found another
> solution in the archives of this list [1,2] to replace the IDs by
> images.

> I used that code from Sacha Chua and created an image with the word "ID"
> in light gray on a white background.

> Tasks IDs don't bother me anymore, and I won't delete them accidentally
> because there still is the small image.

I have had invisible task ids since I posted that code; I rather
like it, so thank you for raising the subject.

Actually, I don't think the dangers of deleting the task id are all
that great since the worst that can happen is that an edited duplicate
of a task will appear on any pages to which the task links.

--
Jim Ottaway