[emacs-wiki-discuss] muse is stepping on key bindings reserved for users

From: Adrian Aichner
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] muse is stepping on key bindings reserved for users
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 22:36:21 +0200

Hi All,

(info "(lispref)Style Tips")
of XEmacs states the following.

   * Please do not define `C-c LETTER' as a key in your major modes.
     These sequences are reserved for users; they are the *only*
     sequences reserved for users, so we cannot do without them.

     Instead, define sequences consisting of `C-c' followed by a
     non-letter.  These sequences are reserved for major modes.

     Changing all the major modes in Emacs 18 so they would follow this
     convention was a lot of work.  Abandoning this convention would
     make that work go to waste, and inconvenience users.

   * Sequences consisting of `C-c' followed by `{', `}', `<', `>', `:'
     or `;' are also reserved for major modes.

I hope this is all true for GNU Emacs as well.

Following bindings violate the first item:

C-c i l         muse-insert-relative-link-to-file
C-c i t         muse-insert-tag

Could this be finxed in a future version of planner-muse, please?

Best regards!

Adrian

--
Adrian Aichner