emms-help

Re: [emms-help] emms-playlist-mode.el work

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms-playlist-mode.el work
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:43:33 +0800

Yoni Rabkin Katzenell <address@hidden> writes:

> After killing and yanking will be supported it should be very easy to
> define a key map which does that. You could even ship with a default
> keymap and supply a "dired-mode" keymap as an option.

Great !

>> Also, support poping the playlist as a sidebar would be nice. This
>> feature used to exist in emms-pbi-*. At present, i have the following
> in
>> my .emacs.
>>
>> (defadvice emms-playlist-mode-go (before side-window)
>>   (split-window-horizontally -25)
>>   (other-window 1))
>>
>> (ad-activate 'emms-playlist-mode-go)
>
> Do you need more than that?

No, currently. :-)

> All that is missing is a way to remove that window cleanly. Feel free
> to supply any such window-mangling routines as you wish.

If no resistance, i'll add the following.

(defvar emms-playlist-window-width -25
  "Window width for the emms-playlist window when it's popuped.")

(defun emms-playlist-mode-go-popup (&optional window-width)
  "Popup emms-playlist buffer as a side window. Default value for
WINDOW-WIDTH is `emms-playlist-window-width'."
  (interactive)
  (setq emms-playlist-window-width
        (or window-width emms-playlist-window-width))
  (split-window-horizontally emms-playlist-window-width)
  (other-window 1)
  (emms-playlist-mode-go))

> I rarely split windows unless there is something really interesting
> going on there.

Even in Gnus?

I split windows *a lot*, both vertically and horizontally. Specially, i
like popuping emms-playlist buffer as a small side window, so that it
won't change view of current buffer dramatically.

> I find myself spawning another frame more often than splitting
> windows.

I never touch frame. I hate it. Just like i hate opening links in new
windows in a web browser. :-)

--
William

((email . "address@hidden")