emms-help

Re: [emms-help] emms-play-playlist doesn't work

From: Andreas Goesele
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms-play-playlist doesn't work
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:21:07 +0200

"Andreas Goesele" <address@hidden> writes:

> But I don't get it to work with my playlist: It loads them all ok
> into *EMMS Playlist* but just goes from file to file without playing
> anything. In this way emms reaches the last file and ends with the
> error message "No next track in playlist".
>
> The individual files and the directory play without problems. I
> tried to change the path in the playlist to absolute paths, but this
> didn't help. (Would they have to be absolute paths, or can emms play
> find the files relative to the playlist file?)

To answer my own question: Obviously emms needs full paths. And my
first experiment with full paths failed because I assumed path
expansion would work. (I used ~/ for my home directory.)

But there's than another question: Is there a way to use relative
paths with (m3u) playlists in emms? If not, that would be definitely
on my wishlist ...

Andreas