emms-help

Re: [emms-help] Sample configuration for mpd+emms?

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Sample configuration for mpd+emms?
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 14:16:52 -0400

Julien Cubizolles <address@hidden> writes:

> Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'll modify the metadata of the files I have and test with the cache
>> data as well. Thanks.
>
> At the moment, I'm using a fork (https://github.com/jreinert/MPD) of
> mpd that addresses this very issue ensuring that no duplicated entries
> are created in the tag_cache. But it would of course be better for
> emms to handle this kind of error in the tag_cache.

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to respond; the quotidian got the
better of me.

Since I'm unfamiliar with mpd I'd like to understand: is this a bug in
mpd which will be fixed upstream? Or is the point to make sure that Emms
doesn't get confused when reading from buggy software that provides
multiple, identical entries?