epix-users

[ePiX-users] File ploting

From: Cristóvão Sousa
Subject: [ePiX-users] File ploting
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 22:05:25 +0100

As I find the "data_file" frame work very limitative, I'm trying to create a
set
of functions to read non size limited data files.

I want to create a function that reads values in columns and creates
std::vector's to be used with epix::path. I want no column number limitations.
The file parser should be able to reject comments, spaces and tabs.

For some time I used Asymptote  which was very powerful for file plot. But
because of ePiX TiKz output, C++ base, latex fonts consistency, and better
looking pdf's (mainly in 3D), I'm trying to use it.
On the other hand ,IMO , one of ePiX biggest drawbacks are the lack of a
better file plotting frame work.

I'd been searching the web seeking for some code that do column data file
parsing but with no luke.
Do you know any?

Thanks,
Cristóvão