epix-users

Re: [ePiX-users] File ploting

From: Andrew D. Hwang
Subject: Re: [ePiX-users] File ploting
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 19:43:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008, Cristóvão Sousa wrote:

> As I find the "data_file" frame work very limitative, I'm trying to
> create a set of functions to read non size limited data files.
>
> I want to create a function that reads values in columns and creates
> std::vector's to be used with epix::path. I want no column number
> limitations. The file parser should be able to reject comments, spaces
> and tabs.

Hi Cristóvão,

If you read a disk file into a data_file object, there's no practical
restriction on the number of columns. Or is that not what you meant...?

Regarding delimiters, do you need to use both spaces and tabs in one file,
or is it a matter of wanting flexibility to choose for different files?

Best,
Andy

Andrew D. Hwang                 address@hidden
Department of Math and CS       http://mathcs.holycross.edu/~ahwang
College of the Holy Cross       (508) 793-2458 (Office: Swords 339)
Worcester, MA, 01610-2395       (508) 793-3530 (fax)