erbot-discuss

Re: [Erbot-discuss] Flood-protection changes

From: Dave Goel
Subject: Re: [Erbot-discuss] Flood-protection changes
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:56:08 -0400

Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

> I've enabled the use of ERC's flood protection in erbot.el.  To make
> best use of it, you must have at ERC 5.1 or greater, and include the
> following lines in the bot's configuration:
>
>   (setq erc-server-flood-penalty 2)
>   (setq erc-server-flood-margin 10)
>
> This flood protection is needed, because someone demonstrated that my
> bot instance could get kicked due to excess flood.

Nice.  I used to use flood protection, but had disabled it because it
caused some problems that I don't remember.  (IIRC, erbot used its own
flood protection instead.)

Once you've spent a few weeks with your new bot, we/I/you can document
these instructions on the erbot install page on emacswiki, and also in
the sample .emacs (mybot?) for erbot..

- deego