erbot-discuss

Re: [Erbot-discuss] Flood-protection changes

From: Michael Olson
Subject: Re: [Erbot-discuss] Flood-protection changes
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 15:27:40 -0400

Dave Goel <address@hidden> writes:

> Nice.  I used to use flood protection, but had disabled it because it
> caused some problems that I don't remember.  (IIRC, erbot used its own
> flood protection instead.)

erbot's flood protection does not take into account number of messages
sent within a certain time (maximum allowed is 5 messages in 10
seconds), though it does take into account the size of an individual
message.  ERC's flood protection should not interfere with the latter.

> Once you've spent a few weeks with your new bot, we/I/you can document
> these instructions on the erbot install page on emacswiki, and also in
> the sample .emacs (mybot?) for erbot..

I've already updated the erbot install page on emacswiki; all that
remains is to update the sample .emacs (which we probably ought to
distribute with erbot to make things easier -- want me to add it?).

--
       Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652     |
 http://mwolson.org/ -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net  |  /` |\ | | |