erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] M-x erc RET

From: Diane Murray
Subject: [Erc-discuss] M-x erc RET
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 00:40:14 +0200

I've just committed a patch which makes M-x erc RET the way to start
ERC interactively, as has been the wish of users for a while.
Remember to change your configuration files where necessary - see the
docstring for `erc', or use `erc-open' if you need to work with a
connected process.

Is this change big enough to require a bump up in the (minor or
major?) version number?  `erc-select' still exists as an alias to
`erc', so there should be no problem there.  But any users who were
still using `erc' in their code (mostly to avoid the forced
interactivity of `erc-select' pre-ERC 5.0) will have problems.
Whether or not a new release is made at this time, I believe these
changes should be applied to Emacs before it is released.

--
disumu