erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] resuming erc after sleep

From: Jesse Alama
Subject: [Erc-discuss] resuming erc after sleep
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 17:10:48 -0700

I use ERC on a laptop, which I frequently put to sleep (by closing the
lid).  It would be great if, upon waking the computer, ERC would
automatically (attempt to) reconnect to whatever servers I was on, and
to rejoin whatever channels I was on, and if it's unable to do that,
say, because I'm no longer connected to a network, to indicate
failure.  It would also be nice if whatever passwords I used last time
I successfully connected to whatever IRC servers and channels I was on
were cached so that I wouldn't have to re-enter them.

Any ideas for how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Jesse

--