erc-discuss

Re: [Erc-discuss] autoconnecting to servers

From: Andrea Russo
Subject: Re: [Erc-discuss] autoconnecting to servers
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 17:28:31 +0100

Angelina Carlton <address@hidden> writes:

> | (setq erc-autojoin-channels-alist
> |           '(("freenode.net" "#achannel")
> |             ("debian.org" "#anotherchannel")))
>
>>From here, what do I need to add to always automatically join both
> networks and join the specified channels.

You also need to enable ERC autojoin mode either via customizing
`erc-autojoin-mode' variable or adding (erc-autojoin-mode t) to your
configuration file.

> I would probably need to identify to services too, but at this point I
> just want to get the basics down.

To do that, I use this code snippet borrowed from Michael Olson (many
thanks to him):

,----
| (defun my-erc-after-connect-stuff (server nick)
|   "Authenticate to various NickServ's and the like upon
| connecting to the server of their jurisdiction."
|   (interactive)
|   (cond
|    ((string-match "\\(localhost\\|onosendai\\)" server)
|     (erc-message "PRIVMSG"
|                  (concat "&bitlbee identify " my-bitlbee-password)))
|    ((string-match "freenode\\.net" server)
|     (erc-message "PRIVMSG"
|                  (concat "NickServ identify " my-freenode-password)))
|    ))
|
| (add-hook 'erc-after-connect 'my-erc-after-connect-stuff)
`----

Obviously, you need to adapt it to your needs.

Oh, and you will surely find useful the documentation about ERC hosted
on emacswiki:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/ERC

Regards,
Andrea.

--
Reclama i tuoi diritti digitali, elimina il DRM.  Approfondisci su
http://www.no1984.org