erc-discuss

[Erc-discuss] Memory Leak

From: Andrew Yates
Subject: [Erc-discuss] Memory Leak
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 02:55:09 -0400

I'm having trouble tracking down an erc memory leak. After running for
three days, emacs (only erc is running in this instance) is using 3.9%
of my system's ram (3gb). I eventually get warnings that my
max-specpdl-size is too small and am forced to increase it every few
days.

I have erc-truncate-buffer added to erc-insert-post-hook, so I don't
think it's a problem with the buffers growing too big. On irc, mwolson
suggested checking to see if text properties need to be reclaimed.
I tried making erc-truncate-buffer-to-size delete text properties
before it truncates the text, but my memory usage is still
increasing. M-x garbage-collect doesn't free any memory, so it isn't a
GC issue.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this memory leak or
how to fix it?