erc-discuss

Re: [Erc-discuss] DCC module broken?

From: Michael Olson
Subject: Re: [Erc-discuss] DCC module broken?
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 23:36:55 -0700

Tyler Spivey <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello. I wanted to use the erc dcc module, but found the following
> problems with it (I'm sure there are more, but these just came up in
> the first few commands):
>
> 1. erc-pack-int can return a string of any length. according to
> http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/rfc/ctcpspec.html, it is
> supposed to be packed into a 4 byte unsigned integer in network byte
> order, if I'm reading it correctly.
>
> 2. erc-dcc-do-CLOSE-command uses the line variable, which seems to
> include the entire command, which its regexp isn't able to handle.
>
> 3. I had to let inhibit-read-only be t in erc-dcc-append-contents in
> order for get to work.
>
> Am I doing things wrong, or is this module just broken and needs to be
> fixed? I don't think I have the elisp knowledge to fix these issues in
> a clean way, or I'd send a patch.

Thanks for the report -- I've checked in fixes for all three issues, but
have not thoroughly tested the fix for #2 yet.  Please download the
latest snapshot from http://mwolson.org/static/dist/erc-latest.tar.gz
and let me know whether it works correctly now.

--
|       Michael Olson  |  FSF Associate Member #652     |
| http://mwolson.org/  |  Hobbies: Lisp, HCoop          |