erp5-dev

Re: [Erp5-dev] News

From: Jean-Paul Smets
Subject: Re: [Erp5-dev] News
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:49:05 +0000

Le Mardi 25 Novembre 2003 11:25, Nino Capodivento a écrit :
> Hello !  to everybody,
> we are enthusiastic of your project.
> I kindly ask someone to tell  me  if there are news, mainly on the
> following fields:

> - A ready to be downloaded and installed package with a
> running demo including all the necessary;

ERP5 Packages : yes (source code is also in CVS under GPL license)

ERP5 Coramy Implementation : source code available in CVS under GPL license
(this is a complete implementation in a 300 people company with a
1,000,000+ objects database)

Demo : not for now (we must first finish Coramy implementation). We expect
to have it soon because more than 10 people are waiting for it. We know
this demo is very important. At the same time, we must first work for our
current customers since our salaries depend on them.

> - If you are  planning to make
> the ERP5 more indipendent from the Mandrake distribution;

ERP5 is mandrake independent. We just use Mandrake at Nexedi because we
think it is best suited for SMEs which are our main commercial target.
Everyone is free though to package ERP5 for other distros.

> - If there is
> already a good documentation;

There are 40 pages which are not usable by beginners. This is the other
point we know we must improve. For same same reasons as for the demo,
documentation will not happen so fast (ie. it requires a few men months)

> - If there is already a live demo on some websites that could be
> accessible in order to have a real look at ERP5;

I can organize a private live demo on Coramy web site at any time.

--
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes
Nexedi CEO    Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14    Fax. +33(0)1 53 01 09 29

About www.nexedi.com

Nexedi is a consulting and development services company helping small and
medium organisations to choose open source / free software and fulfill
their IT application needs. Nexedi is the founder of the ERP5 project, a
Free / Open Source ERP software based on innovative technologies
(www.erp5.org).

About www.storever.com

Storever provides a reliable source for OpenBrick, WiFi infrastructure,
notebooks and servers preconfigured with the GNU/Linux operating system