espressomd-devel

[ESPResSo-devel] Undocumented analysis routines

From: Rudolf Weeber
Subject: [ESPResSo-devel] Undocumented analysis routines
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 16:47:14 +0200

Hello,

As you probably know, work has been underway for quite a while to transition
the Espresso scripting interface to the Python language.

Currently, we are preparing for a coding sprint, in which a large part of
Espresso's functionality is supposed to be exposed to Python.

In preparation for this, however, we need some help:
It turns out that there are quite a few analysis routines in Espresso ("analyze
...") for which there is no documentation.
Without a documentation for these routines, it will be difficult to impossible
to write a Python interface to them.

So if you know, what the following commands do, and how to use them, please
consider contributing documentation.

You can do that either by preparing a patch against the Espresso development
branch or, if you are not comfortable with that process, by putting the
documentation in the comment on our issue tracker at
http://www.github.com/espressomd/espresso/issues

In case I overlooked something, please also use the issue tracker.

The numbers below indicate the issue number on the github page.

  272  analyze configtemp has neither testcase nor docs
  271  analysis diffusion_profile has neither docs nor testcase
  269  analyze cwvac has neither testcase nor docs
  267  analyze vel_distr has neither docs nor testcase
  262  analyze p_IK1 has neither docs nor testcase
  261  analyze bins has neither docs nor testcase
  260  analyze momentum lacks docs
  259  analyze p_isnt has neither docs nor testcase
  258  analyze ..._mol have neither docs nor testcase
  257  analyze cel_gpb has neither docs nor testcase
  256  analyze find_principal_axis has no testcase
  255  analyze gyration_tensor has no testcase
  254  analyze momentofinertiamatrix has no testcase
  253  analyze dipmom_normal has neither testcase nor docs
  252  analyze MSd has neither testcase nor docs
  251  analyze angularmomentum has neither testcase nor docs
  249  analyze cluster_size_dist has neither docs nor testcase
  248  analyze mol has neither docs nor testcase
  247  analyze lipid_orient_order has no documentation and testcase
  246  analyze get_lipid_oriends has neither testcase nor documentation
  242  analyze current seems to have neither documentation nor testcase
  241  Analyze wallstuff seems to have neither documentation nor testcase

Thanks alot in advance!
Regards, Rudolf