Re: [ESPResSo-users] Error prompt in lbgpu.cu

From: Farnoosh Farahpoor
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Error prompt in lbgpu.cu
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 09:29:19 +0330

I forgot to write the last line of the error: "CUDA error: unspecified launch failure"

Regards

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 8:02 AM, Farnoosh Farahpoor <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Espresso Developers

In my simulation with CUDA version of ESPResSo (developers version on git) when I increase the number of particles in my system, sometimes after a while I get this error:
"error calling reset_particle_force with #thpb 64 in lbgpu.cu:1534"

Do you know what is the reason? Is there any problem with my code? (I get the error with no order in time, in random time steps and on different machines, frequently. The worst thing is that I face with a crash in system without any error prompt on one of the machines.)

Thank you in advance
Farnoush Farahpour