Re: [ESPResSo-users] Espresso/Espresso++ and multiphase fluids

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Espresso/Espresso++ and multiphase fluids
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 09:07:36 -0800

Hi Markus,

finally also something regarding your question about multiphase fluids :-).

First note that the Shan-Chen was developed for simulating embedded particles, not so much plain fluids. For the ltatter, one often needs larger grids, and wir currently limited to one GPU and something like 150^3 lattice nodes on 4GB GPUs. Also, walls for Shan-Chen probably should have different wetting properties for the different liquids, not just our current bounce-back walls. Marcello and Mauro, who actually wrote the code, are currently thinking about how and what to do.

Best regards,
Axel