Re: [ESPResSo-users] Velocity in nanochannel

From: David Schwörer
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Velocity in nanochannel
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 07:27:22 +0100

Hi,

The constraint is a 'flat' surface.
The direction of the interaction has only a component orthogonal to the
wall - because this is what a lj does. therefore if the particle moves
along the wall, it only feels a force preventing it from entering the wall.
There is no friction between wall and particle.

Due to the increased orderering close to the wall, the particles in
front of the wall collide less often.
Therefore the particles on the wall are faster.

I think with transversal dpd you can add some friction, or by fixing
particles on the surface.

Best
David