[ESPResSo-users] Periodic boundary condition OIF

From: Wink, Markus
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Periodic boundary condition OIF
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 15:46:02 +0000

Hello everybody,

if putting point-like particles into a lb-fluid, the periodic boundary condition works just fine. Meaning, that when a particle leaves the simulation box at one end it enters the box at the other end again. In contrast to that, if I use the Object in fluid package, I don’t get that behavior. Every time, the extended object reaches the end of the simulation box, I get the following error message and no further integration steps are performed:

broken: particles sum 3, id 0, partn 2, bond 2346

I was wondering if the periodic boundary condition is implemented in the oif-package and if: How can I apply/switch on a periodic condition for the extended object?

Thank you very much for your help.

Greetings

Markus