Re: [ESPResSo-users] Periodic boundary condition OIF

From: Wink, Markus
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Periodic boundary condition OIF
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 14:22:23 +0000

Hi Ivan,

thank you for your answer. The periodicity works if I only use "ks". I  have to
think about, whether just having the parameter "ks" is enough to represent my
system.

But using it, another question arose. Using point-like particles, there is the
command "part pid print folded_position" to get the folded position. Having a
look at the OIf implementation, I did not find anything comparable. So if I put
"oif_object_analyze object-id 0 origin", I don't get the folded position, but
the position of the origin is out of the simulation box. Of course, it is no
problem to write a small script calculating the folded positions, but I was
wondering, if this is already implemented and I just did not find it.

Best wishes,

Markus