[ESPResSo-users] fixing an object in a fluid than only rotates

From: Holst, Lena
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] fixing an object in a fluid than only rotates
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 13:32:54 +0000

Hello,

I want to create an sphere object in a couette-flow. The object should only be able to rotate, but fixed at one position. When I set the origin of the object at each integrationstep at the same position, every integration it comes the message “Recalculated forces, so the LB coupling forces are not included in the particle force the first time step.” So, I think this way is not very useful. Is there any other way to fix the object at one defined position, so that this is only able to rotate through the force of the fluid?

Best regards and a lot of thanks for effort,

Lena Holst

Fraunhofer ICT-IMM

Gruppe Modellierung / Modeling Group

Abteilung Zukunftstechnologien / Future Technologies Department

Carl-Zeiss-Straße 18-20, 55129 Mainz, Germany

Phone +49 6131 990-396 / Fax +49 6131 990-205 / Mobile +49 1577-5327027

address@hidden / www.imm.fraunhofer.de