fab-user

[Fab-user] simple question

From: Byron Saltysiak
Subject: [Fab-user] simple question
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 00:41:46 -0400

I didn't see anything in the brief user-guide on the site or the archives but it seems so simple.

If I'm in a multiple host environment, is there an easy way to make all the commands execute on one host before starting another? I can think of a small change to the example on the wiki so that I could see which server was having problems, or just which server I was currently on if I had a whole bunch of servers:

def deploy():
'Deploy the app to the target environment'
local("make dist")
put("bin/bundle.zip", "bundle.zip")
run("hostname")
sudo("./install.sh bundle.zip")

But as it seems to happen, the put is run on all hosts, then the run, and then the sudo.

Is the way to get around this to just put a shell script out and run that? Or perhaps this really isn't that necessary of a task in other people's experience?

--
Byron