fab-user

[Fab-user] sudo getting stuck

From: Philip Jacob
Subject: [Fab-user] sudo getting stuck
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:48:17 -0400

Howdy,

I'm new to fabric, but I'm liking it so far. I'm having some trouble getting sudo() commands to work. I'm logging into a cluster of machines using my ssh key just fine. I can run() stuff without any trouble, too. However, when I try to run sudo("uptime"), fabric hangs. Here's what I am seeing:

[host1.domain] sudo: uptime
^CError: The sudo operation failed on host1.domain:
    <lambda>() takes no arguments (2 given)
[host1.domain] err: Password:host1.domain

The desired behavior is that fabric uses my ssh key for regular run() commands and then asks me for my password when it needs to sudo(). Is this intended to work or am I trying to do something unusual, in your view?

phil.