fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] sudo getting stuck

From: Christian Vest Hansen
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] sudo getting stuck
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 20:57:01 +0200

Since you use ssh-keys to log into th servers, Fabric does not know
your sudo password and it is not smart enough to recognize a password
prompt. So you either need to tell it the password by
set(fab_password="secret") - which can also be done in ~/.fabric - or
use Jeff's execution branch, which has some logic to handle this
specific situation. Or you can enable passwordless sudo on the
servers.