fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] put() and command line args

From: Christian Vest Hansen
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] put() and command line args
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 22:41:30 +0200

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 10:26 PM, Jeff Forcier <address@hidden> wrote:
> Then, your command can expect to get the arguments as keyword
> arguments as is normal in Python:
>
>    def upload(f1, f2, f3):
>        put(f1)
>        put(f2)

Not in vanilla Fabric 0.0.9. See bellow.

> And, of course, you can do the usual ** trick to take any arbitrary
> number of files to upload:
>
>    def upload(**kwargs):
>        for filename in kwargs.values():
>            put(filename)

It's kwargs.keys() instead of values(), but otherwise this is the only
way to do it.

However!!! I just fixed it so it works with values() and your
multiple-arguments trick above.

Maybe it's something you had in your own branch?

> (Note that I am probably not using the right call signature for
> 'put()' here, as it's one part of Fabric I haven't used much yet :))

put takes two arguments: localpath and remotepath, and an optional fail.

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards,
Christian Vest Hansen.