fab-user

[Fab-user] Remaining issues (#8, #9, #10)

From: Niklas Lindström
Subject: [Fab-user] Remaining issues (#8, #9, #10)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 00:25:30 +0200

Hi!

I've now sent my batch of completed suggestions. Here are my remaining
issues (#8, #9, #10) that I have not worked on.

== 8. Predefined "fab_hosts" is in the way ==

Since "fab_hosts" is present by default in ENV, one cannot use
`require` to describe commands that should be used to set it.

Opinions: Christian thought this looks like a bug, but asked if Jeff
has further input on it.

== 9. unit-tests ==

Unit-test coverage of all commands, operations and decorators.

Suggested: use Nose to drive the tests.
Opinions: no opposition.

Further: I'll probably investigate if doctests and/or actual examples
are easy to use as tests as well.

== 10. "_protected" names are discarded ==

Making "_protected" names available to the commands declared in the same file.

Suggestion: store protected items local to the fabfile they came from
and make them available only to the commands from this file (somehow,
e.g. by wrapping commands in Command objects with their own
namespace).

Best regards,
Niklas