fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Completed suggestions: prompt (#5, #6)

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Completed suggestions: prompt (#5, #6)
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 10:04:58 -0400

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 5:18 AM, Niklas Lindström <address@hidden> wrote:
> I thought it was your suggestion? :)

Was it? If so, I apologize :(

> Anyway, I agree it might be
> cleaner with e.g. a 'match' kw (that can take a string *or*
> precompiled regexp I suppose)..
>
> And skip the callable-tests for validate (if it's not None, it should
> be called). Not the least since we have no "callable" in Python 3..
>
> Any votes on if I should rework it like this?

I'd like to hear Christian's feedback, and I think I may also do some
research to see what the general consensus is among the Python
community, about this sort of thing. I could see it going either way
but I'm sure someone smarter than me has already weighed the pluses
and minuses and figured out which is cleaner.

-Jeff