fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] invoke() is broken.

From: Christian Vest Hansen
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] invoke() is broken.
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 20:51:49 +0200

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Niklas Lindström <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Are/will you be working on these changes?
>
> I haven't yet, and unfortunately have little to no time today. Did you
> intend to remove `require` as an operation and could fold `invoke` in
> at the same time, or would you like me to do that later?

It'd be great if you would do it. I just pushed changes that remove
the set(), get() and getAny() operations and folds their functionality
into Configuration, but my current focues is on updating the
documentation with all the changes.

> To solve the more general problem with how commands are called, I
> think we should go with the idea of wrapping command functions in
> Command objects. That way we can control their execution fully.
>
> That is *if* commands are supposed to work properly when called from
> other commands? As I discovered earlier, connections are duplicated
> and removed incorrectly right now if you nest command calls in each
> other, so that'd require more work on how `_connect` works. (Note that
> this is not due to `invoke` and call chaining.)

I think it should be possible for commands to call other commands. And
`_connect` should be made intelligent enough to handle that.

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards,
Christian Vest Hansen.