fab-user

[Fab-user] setup task

From: Byron Saltysiak
Subject: [Fab-user] setup task
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 01:15:56 -0400

I'm trying to set fab_hosts and other vars based on arguments passed into fab such as:
fab set:env=prod restart

but this is not working because of the sort of chicken vs egg problem with fab_hosts so instead I can do this and it will work:
fab set:env=prod restartSetup restart

in which the restartSetup does the actual setting of fab_hosts and anything else the command would need

Is there a way to specify a setup for "restart" in this situation without having someone have to always type in two commands?

Also note that I'll have different commands and each would have it's own setup since they might take different parameters and do different things. For instance the setup for a deploy task would need a version and might download the a war from an internal repository somewhere. (ex:  fab set:env=prod set:version=1.2.3 setupDeploy deploy)

--
Byron