fab-user

[Fab-user] This list and spam.

From: Christian Vest Hansen
Subject: [Fab-user] This list and spam.
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 18:43:30 +0100

All.

I thought it might be a good idea to share a little bit of insight on
how spam is tackled around here.

>From the very beginning, I configured this list such that any email
from someone who wasn't a member of the list, would require approval
by an admin (me) before they would go through. I also configured it
such that I would get a mail immediately when a mail was waiting on my
approval.

This worked pretty well for a long time, but recently the (still
small) amount of spam caught by this filter has risen to between 2 and
4 messages each day.

This has started to get a little annoying, so a couple of weeks ago, I
disabled the immediate notification so that I instead get a summary of
waiting messages on a daily basis.

This change has eased the burden of purging spam messages
considerably, but also has the unfortunate side-effect that legitimate
messages now risk waiting a lot longer before I get around to
approving them.

So if you were wondering about that, well, now you know.

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards,
Christian Vest Hansen.