fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] fab "let" command

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] fab "let" command
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:20:46 -0400

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Christian Vest Hansen
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Just to list an alternative, the java program can take properties
> through command-line arguments in this format: -Dfoo=bar so something
> like -Efoo=bar might be a way to go for fabric, where E stands for
> environment.

For sure -- I'm using optparse right now and it is usually pretty good
about being flexible in the standard Unix way, in terms of long/short
args and spaces or no spaces, etc. I've been trying to make sure that
most options have at least one long and short option each.

Regarding this env thing, --env was just an example -- will have to
see what spots are open. I'm actually in the middle of writing the
docs for "fab" and its CLI args, so after that's done it will make
things a bit easier in terms of seeing what's available flag-wise. -E
might well work.

-Jeff