fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] On Paramiko (was: Why is the version that's available on

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] On Paramiko (was: Why is the version that's available on pypi only at 0.1.1?)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 20:10:16 -0400

On Oct 17, 2009, at 9:48 PM, Jeff Forcier wrote:
If there's anything I can do over the next couple of days, to get 0.9.0 out
the door (finally!), please let me know.

Taking a look at 0.9-doc-rewrite's Sphinx docs would help

Sorry, where would I get that?

I'm working on the buildbot for distutils and Distribute and Fabric is an
integral part of it.  (see the distutils list for details)

Got a link? :) Poked around the recent archives and nothing jumped out
at me besides that zlib stuff.

No link, it's something I've been working on mostly off-list. We're just trying to whip up a quick fabric script to create, run, and take down a buildbot on a cloud server. The buildbot itself is at: http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distutils-builbot/ but none of my stuff's in there yet.

What I'm I'm working on is a scheme for firing up on-demand buildbot servers for Python projects so you can test on a whole bunch of platforms (all
Linux, right now, but Windows in the near future).

Is this related at all to what Jesse Noller is doing / was doing was
talking about doing? I know he's using Fab or at least evaluating it,
and I can't remember if that was related to his own buildbot stuff :)
Just curious.

I'm not sure; he and I haven't worked together on it. Any link to what he's doing?

P.S. BTW, do you have a buildbot set up for doing fabric testing?

Not yet, but I've been planning to once I go back to expanding the
test suite (it's still just a toolchain POC really.) I've seen
testdaemon, pony-build, Hudson and a few other names in my travels; a
code.fabfile.org ticket enumerating the options would be a good idea.

We're using the stuff at : http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distutils- builbot/ . I don't know much about any of those options.