fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] On Paramiko (was: Why is the version that's available on

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] On Paramiko (was: Why is the version that's available on pypi only at 0.1.1?)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:29:40 -0400

On Oct 17, 2009, at 9:48 PM, Jeff Forcier wrote:

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 9:10 PM, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:

Can
you just pull the specific tag from their SVN? (I have no idea how they're
set up)

I was planning on either pulling down the 1.7.4 release, or applying
Pat's patch to 1.7.5 (leaning towards the former as it's relatively
proven and 1.7.5 may have additional bugs.)

If I end up taking advantage of this situation and continue forking
Paramiko, I'll have to start thinking about synchronizing with their
SVN or the Github mirror Robey seems to maintain.

If there's anything I can do over the next couple of days, to get 0.9.0 out
the door (finally!), please let me know.

Taking a look at 0.9-doc-rewrite's Sphinx docs would help, as it's
close to done and will merge prior to release. Mostly looking for
"you're still not covering X" or "section Y has zero code examples and
could use one" sorts of things.

I quickly walked through and it looks like you reorganized a bit, and folded up some overly detailed outlines that used to take up lots of space and just let'em expand 1 level deep. Much cleaner though it's always hard to know how much to show.

Overall, looks like an improvement but I'm probably not the best reviewer for this; I tend to read the code...

Hey, did you ever get the generic "with prefix()" context manager in there that you mentioned (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1180411/activate-a-virtualenv-via-fabric-as-deploy-user )?

I could really use it about now...

Thanks,