fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Fabric over reverse tunnel

From: Rick Morrison
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Fabric over reverse tunnel
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:50:04 -0500

>    On local:       fab -p 14000 deploy_app -H localhost -u <remove-user> -p
> <remote-pwd>

Is this the literal command you're running, with -p being used twice?

> ..am I missing something?

You probably need to remove that first "-p 14000" and change the -H to
"-H localhost:14000" :)

-Jeff

Wow, that was dumb of me, thanks Jeff.

I guess I was conflating the -p switch for ssh with fab (I conceptually think of fab as a kind of "scriptable ssh"), and even though I must have looked at the command a dozen times, I somehow didn't notice that.

Using the host:port syntax works fine over a reverse tunnel, thanks for the reply, and sorry for the list noise.

Rick