fab-user

Re: Re[2]: [Fab-user] high cpu usage in fabric 1.0.0

From: Erich Heine
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Fab-user] high cpu usage in fabric 1.0.0
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 08:53:03 -0600

Hi Ivan,

Just so you are aware of what the feature is:

Fabric has traditionally been unable to prompts from applications running on the remote host. This version of fabric can. This is the interactivity feature, but it is not just for people, it also allows fabric to be used with (for example) expect or similar scripting tools.

This is not to say that the feature should use less CPU, just that a "turning it off" may be a less than optimal solution. Or perhaps you would not need the prompting functionality at all -- in which case of course "turning it off" is a solution.

Anyway, I just wanted you to be aware of everything, because I have found it useful in server situations, and may you could too.

Regards,
Erich

2011/3/11 Ivan <address@hidden>

The "interactivity  feature " don't need in servers, but CPU usage very criticaly. I hope that "interactive feature" will be optional  soon