fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Capturing stdout and stderr in 1.0.0

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Capturing stdout and stderr in 1.0.0
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 12:07:17 -0700

Hi Matthew,

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 5:59 AM, Matthew Woodcraft
<address@hidden> wrote:

> But if I try this, the stderr output is mixed in with stdout anyway
>
> Do I need to do something more to prevent Fabric combining the streams?

I'm pretty sure that pty=False + combine_stderr=False should suffice,
but it's been a while since that feature went in so it's possible some
bugs have crept in since or were not noticed at the time. Will try to
reproduce on my end soon.

It's also possible you're on a different setup re: operating system,
software version, etc that hasn't been tested. Can you specify what
your local and remote OS are, and what your local Python version is?

Thanks,
Jeff

--
Jeff Forcier