fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Fabric 1.4 hangs on run('git fetch && git fetch --tags')

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Fabric 1.4 hangs on run('git fetch && git fetch --tags')
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 19:15:41 -0800

Hi Ivan

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Ivan Sergeyenko <address@hidden> wrote:

> As far as I can tell, both commands are executed, but Fabric never
> gets notified that they're done. Splitting the command into two "run"
> statements fixes the issue:

> I have tried this on multiple servers with different git repos, always
> getting the same result. Needless to say, running the same command
> manually on the server works fine.

Do you have the new agent forwarding behavior enabled, and is the git
remote in question SSH-based (vs https:// or git://)? I've heard one
other report of odd/buggy behavior when running Git remotely + using
agent forwarding, though that case was an SSHException being raised,
not a hang, IIRC.

If you're using agent forwarding and/or are using an SSH remote, you
could try disabling it and using git:// or https:// for the git repo's
remote URL, and see if the combo command still breaks. That might at
least help narrow down what the problem is.

Best,
Jeff

--
Jeff Forcier