fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Forcing ssh to fail if no host key?

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Forcing ssh to fail if no host key?
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 09:44:38 -0700

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 5:29 AM, Roy Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

> The documentation (http://docs.fabfile.org/en/1.4.2/usage/ssh.html) is
> really confusing.  It starts out describing the Reject, Add, and Ask
> options, but then only talks about setting reject_unknown_hosts to True or
> False.  What do I have to set to get the Rject behavior?

That documentation is pretty clear (albeit its target audience is
people already intermediate with SSH); you should try rereading it :(
Unknown host rejection is basically a binary choice, thus the
True/False option in Fabric. Setting it to True like you did was the
correct action to take.

However, it sounds like there is a bug, because it definitely
shouldn't prompt for a password when you have reject_unknown_hosts set
to True -- it should abort instead.

I just looked into it and confirmed: https://github.com/fabric/fabric/issues/671

I'll probably have this fixed in a few minutes and it'll be out in the
next round of bugfix releases.

Thanks!

-Jeff