fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Forcing ssh to fail if no host key?

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Forcing ssh to fail if no host key?
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 15:02:04 -0700

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Roy Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Jun 23, 2012, at 12:44 PM, Jeff Forcier wrote:

> Must be one of those tri-state binary choices (Reject, Add, Ask) :-)

Yes, but the point was the docs clearly state that Ask is not
implemented in Fabric, thus it's a binary choice between auto-add and
auto-reject, thus the single Boolean config option :) It was an
attempt at highlighting "hey, if you're used to SSH, you know of the 3
options -- but we only implement 2 of them right now."

> OK, thanks.  That's a cleaner fix than my abort_on_prompts=True, since that
> also affects things like prompting for a sudo password.

Correct, abort_on_prompts is an acceptable workaround, but only if
you're OK with other prompts causing aborts.

The mentioned fix has been committed and worked for me, if you want to
test it yourself you can grab the git repo or the tarball for the 1.3,
1.4 or master branches. Otherwise it'll be out next bugfix.

> BTW, fabric is a really cool tool.  We're using it to drive our deployment
> involving about 15 hosts, a bunch of different services, and a haproxy front
> end.  Fabric really makes this simple.

Thanks! Glad it's working out for you.

Best,
Jeff