fab-user

[Fab-user] Pull Request #766

From: Todd DeLuca
Subject: [Fab-user] Pull Request #766
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 09:58:45 -0500

Hi Jeff,

I created a simple pull request about a month ago ("Use task variable name when task name is undefined.", https://github.com/fabric/fabric/pull/766) and am eager to get the pull request accepted, since I actually use the functionality in some of my code.

I think it is a straightforward merge and a nice little improvement/bugfix to have in the code.  I imagine that you are terribly busy with many more important things, but I was hoping you could set my expectations for me.

- Is there a chance of this request getting reviewed and accepted?  Perhaps it is irrelevant given your development roadmap.
- When should I start to get impatient and ping you?  A month, 6 months, never?

Given the comments in the Communcation section of the Development page (https://fabric.readthedocs.org/en/latest/development.html#communication), I'm not even sure that the Fabric devs are necessarily aware of my pull request.

- Should I have created an Issue instead of a Pull Request?

Thanks for your attention.  And thanks especially for making Fabric amazing!

Regards,
Todd

--
Todd DeLuca