fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Pull Request #766

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Pull Request #766
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 13:57:15 -0800

Hi guys,

When there's no comments/feedback on a ticket, it means I haven't
gotten to it yet; I always comment when I triage things, even if it's
a "+1, no time to merge+verify now, will try later".

"Bumping" issues is unlikely to make the process faster; it's all
about spare time, of which I've had little lately :( The best way to
make sure your ticket gets merged as soon as I have time to look at
it, is to follow the contributor guidelines:

    http://docs.fabfile.org/en/1.5/development.html#patch-submission-guidelines

Lots of time can be lost asking folks to go back and add a changelog
line, write docs, address edge cases, rebase against the correct
branch, etc. If things are lined up neatly it's way easier for me to
merge + carry on.

I definitely apologize for letting my queue back up, it's unusual for
me and I am setting time aside in the next week or two to flush it all
out prior to the holidays. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

Best,
Jeff