fab-user

[Fab-user] using fabric with dzdo

From: Michael Mullay
Subject: [Fab-user] using fabric with dzdo
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 12:21:50 -0700

Hi,

Currently we are running 100% Unix, but will be migrating to Linux. Currently we are able to run sudo commands for those that already are set up on the remote hosts as such:

env.sudo_prompt = "Password:"
env.sudo_prefix = "/opt/sfw/bin/sudo -S -p '%(sudo_prompt)s' " % env

And it works fine. However, the Linux servers are authenticating to Active Directory via Centrify, so we actually have to use their 'dzdo' utility instead of sudo. Commands I can run from the remote client's cli work, eg:

$ dzdo yum update

But running from fabric, replacing the sudo path with the path to the dzdo utility and the correct prompt like this:

env.sudo_prompt = "[dzdo] password for xxxxx:"
env.sudo_prefix = "/usr/share/centrifydc/bin/dzdo -S -p '%(sudo_prompt)s' " % env

I get this response:

Sorry, user xxxxx is not allowed to execute '/bin/bash -l -c yum  update' as root on server.abc

Has anyone got dzdo to work with fabric?

Thanks!