fab-user

[Fab-user] Prepend output with hostname when using Groups (fabric.group.

From: Abhijeet Rastogi
Subject: [Fab-user] Prepend output with hostname when using Groups (fabric.group.Group)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 10:44:10 +0530

Hi everyone,

I have a use-case where I can't use the Fabric command directly. I run my tasks as:-

from fabric import ThreadingGroup as Group
from fabric.exceptions import GroupException

hosts = ['web1', 'web2', 'web3']
g = Group(*hosts)

results = g.run('date')
Now, as I don't use "hide=both" with the "g.run" function call, the stdout of the command is printed in the terminal directly.

How do I prepend the output with the "fabric.connection.Connection" it's associated with, in a streaming way. I know, I can collect the output with the "results" that is returned but I want to do that in a streaming way and not after all commands are finished executing. (just like it happened with the older fabric.api.execute 1.0 version API)

--
Cheers,
Abhijeet Rastogi (shadyabhi)