fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Prepend output with hostname when using Groups (fabric.gr

From: Abhijeet Rastogi
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Prepend output with hostname when using Groups (fabric.group.Group)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 19:08:49 +0530

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the details. So, it is something that's yet to be worked upon (I see it as Pending). That means, for now, we don't have a way of doing so?

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 5:32 PM Jeff Forcier <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Abhijeet,

Please check out the upgrading page for all details like this! It is very thorough (both a blessing and a curse). Specifically, search it for 'output_prefix' which was the name of the old setting controlling that behavior.

Spoiler: this is one of the larger missing pieces that we'll be working to figure out in the near term. It may end up being line-by-line prefixes again, possibly via a logging module; or we might come up with something else. Suggestions welcome!

Thanks,
Jeff