fastcgipp-users

Re: [Fastcgipp-users] check if variable has been posted

From: Axel von Bertoldi
Subject: Re: [Fastcgipp-users] check if variable has been posted
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 12:13:20 -0600

Ok, added a patch for this in a new branch (get-post-data-support).

>From the commit log:

Added postVariableExists to test for the existence of a post variable and postVariableRetrieve to retrieve the value associated with variable key and cast it to the type desired by the user. More details included in the doxygen documentation.

One caveat: I could not specialize postVariableRetrieve char and wchar_t as C++ does not allow partial specialization of function templates. I had originally overloaded it for each type, but saw little advantage to doing that instead of just leaving it without specialization. That option exists though if it's decided later that it's a better approach.

Also, feel free to rename both functions.

You can check out the  echo example to see usage.

a.

2009/5/16 Eddie Carle <address@hidden>
On Thursday 14 May 2009 2:01:55 pm Axel von Bertoldi wrote:
> Double actually, it would be nice to have this for get data as well. And,
> since get data is formatted the same way application/x-www-form-urlencoded
> data is, one could conceivably reuse some of that code to parse the get
> data.

Yeah, I'm thinking we'll definitely need to implement a helper function just like that for get data and cookies.
--
Eddie Carle

This message has been signed with an RFC4880 signature. It is
guaranteed to have originated from Eddie Carle and its contents
can be validated against its signature.