fbi-improved-devel

Re: [fim-devel] fimgs: keep scaling-/zoom-factor when changing pages

From: Michele Martone
Subject: Re: [fim-devel] fimgs: keep scaling-/zoom-factor when changing pages
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 10:07:09 +0200

On address@hidden:01, Martin Klaiber wrote:
> Hi Michele,
>
> Michele Martone <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > First of all, please pardon my late answer!
>
> Don't worry, it's fine!
>
> > I'm very glad to learn about your appreciation of fim/fimgs --- that
> > gives always further motivation into developing it :-))) thank you !!
>
> Thank you, Michele, for developing this software :-)

Yuppie !
:-))

> Unfortunately with 0.5-rc1 I have heavy flickering in the fb-console
> whenever I press a cursor-key (up/down). I tested it on two different
> machines. If we could solve this problem would be nice, it is a bit
> bothering. If I can help you with some debugging etc, please let me
> know.
I cannot do it now --- I will check and respond separately in the
following days about this flickering.

> Another problem: the textreading-mode doesn't work anymore when
> calling fimgs. The pages are centered and the space-key doesn't work
> as intended. Calling fimgs with option -P also doesn't work.
I'll check also this in the following days.

> I tried to compile fim with --pdf-enable, unfortunately libpoppler in
> jessie is too old.
>
> Is fimgs still recommended for pdf? Or do you want to change to
> pdf-support in fim?
I'm not yet satisfied with fim --pdf-enable so I prefer not to
recommend it yet unless somebody finds its nice as it is.
I'd say stick to fimgs for now.
Proper pdf support is on the wishlist but not that prioritary
unfortunately.