fgs-bs

Re: [Fgs-bs] macros and emote strings

From: tps12
Subject: Re: [Fgs-bs] macros and emote strings
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:29:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Desired Username wrote:
> Whoa, Nelly.  IHBT.
>
> "/me" is easy, just put the login (or name)
>
> "/nick" would mean a change of display, which isn't
> just client, but shouldn't be too hard if the
> login/name thing is kept straight.
>
> What would "/kick" do?

"/nick" is easy to do client side. The client sees that bob27 did a "/nick
haxor" and just shows all of bob27's comments as coming from haxor until
he does another "/nick." "/kick" adds the person's name to your censor
list for 30 seconds or something. Obviously, they could all be ignored
through settings in the client.